Dear Friends of Cedar House,
At Cedar House, we strive to help the most vulnerable and marginalized members of our community every day. With the pandemic in effect, the health and safety of our clients, staff and community remain our top priorities. In response, we have implemented the following measures to do our part in reducing the spread of the virus.
- Providing tools and technology (for those of our staff who can) to work from home
- Utilizing technology for all meetings and services allowable by Department of Health Care Services
- Social distancing at all essential meetings and client meals
- Limiting transportation of clients outside the facility to emergency needs only
- Enhancing sanitation of all surfaces throughout the day
- Accepting intakes (when it is safe to do so) with strict guidelines and protocols including a scheduled, rigorous intake interview
- Postponing family visits and all non-essential services (both in and outside the facilities)
As new information becomes available, we will make adjustments as needed and will be updating our website regularly. Please check back for updates or if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com, and we will respond no later than the following business day.
As you may suspect, many of these changes have come with unexpected costs. To assist with these expenses, we have established a Cedar House Cares Fund to direct critical resources for unforeseen administrative needs and unexpected essentials for our clients’ well-being. Donations to the Cedar House Cares Fund are greatly appreciated and will be directed immediately to where they will have the greatest impact. Please visit cedarhouse.org/donate to contribute today. Thank you for your consideration!
We are grateful for your support and will continue to keep your families in our thoughts and prayers during this challenging time.
Jamie Lamb, CEO